Please go to the AthensConsignmentSale.com for accurate instructions on the Spring 2018 Sale.
These instructions are updated every consignment sale. Please review them to make sure you are aware of any changes. Updated information will appear in “RED”
|How To Become A Consignor:|
Visit our Registration Page.
|What To Sell: ONLY Baby and Children related items.
Spring Sale- All clothing must be “summer” weight material and in excellent condition.
- Easter outfits
- Summer jackets & Sweaters
- Bathing Suits and swimming accessories
- Sports uniforms
- all infant onesies accepted
- Boys jeans & lightweight pants (sizes infant toboys size 14)
- Girls lightweight pants & capris (size infant to girls size 10)(no jeans)
- Shoes: Summer shoes and sandals, no boots.
Fall Sale- All clothing must be “Winter” weight material and in excellent condition.
- Jeans and pants
- Fall and Winter Shirts & Sweaters
- Fall and Winter Coats
- Christmas outfits and Halloween costumes.
- Shoes: Fall & Winter shoes & boots. ***No flip flops. No sandals.***
- Girls: No Shorts. No T-Shirts. No Tank Tops. (Sizes infant – Girls size 10
- Boys: UNIFORM Shorts (NO athletic Shorts), T shirts, button down polo shirts accepted
- Boys & Girls: UNIFORM Polo shirts are accepted
- ALL GEORGIA Football attire is acceptable in the fall sale
- Please bring only quality, in-style (we will reject any out of date or worn clothing), fresh, clean clothes with no buttons missing, no holes, no wrinkles, no broken zippers, no stains and no smoke smells.
- ONLY 250 hanging items per consignor.
- Acceptable sizes are infant to size 10 for girls and infant to size 14 for boys.
- ONLY 10 pair shoes per consignor. Shoe sizes – infant to youth size 6. Shoes must have some tread, no holes, no excessive stains, and no mud stuck in the tread.
- Pajamas, socks and underwear (bagged) in excellent condition.
- Toys, books, DVD’s, video games, puzzles and games in working order and no missing pieces.
- Baby and Children’s bedding and room decor.
- Children’s sport clothing, gear, and equipment.
- Baby equipment, playpens, strollers, car seats, high chairs, walkers, bouncers, boppys, etc. (car seats must have at least 12 months remaining before expiring)
- Nursery items, furnishings, cribs.
- Car seats must be in good condition, clean, accident free and have 1 year left on expiration.
- Children’s play equipment and bikes.
We do NOT Accept:
- Stuffed Animals
- VHS Tapes
- Maternity Clothes
- Shoe sizes 7+
- Drop Down Cribs
- Full or Queen Size Bedding
- Car seats that have been in an Accident or out of date
- Recalled Items, check link for recalled items: http://www.safekids.org/product-recalls
|How to Prepare Merchandise|
- Use wire hangers ONLY.
- The hanger should open like a question mark “?”
- All prices must be in increments of 50¢ Do not mark prices ending as 25¢ or 75¢.
- Tag should be pinned on the upper right side of garment as you look at it. Please be sure to fill out tag completely. (Please add a detailed description of your item so if the tag falls off we can try to match it to the item.)
- Please do not put a punch hole in tag and then pin. Tags fall off when a punch hole has been made.
- Please DO NOT STAPLE tag to clothes.
- If you place 2 pieces together as an outfit, please make sure it is the SAME SIZE on top and bottom.
- Use safety pins to attach garments to hangers!
- Pants and skirts should be safety pinned to the top arms of the hanger for easy viewing and so they do not flop around. See Video.
- Secure 2 (or more) piece garments together with safety pins. See Video
- Secure loose parts of toys and/or games in a plastic bag. See Video
- Puzzles, games etc. must have all pieces and be in working condition. Tape boxes, DVD’s & games closed. Put Puzzle pieces in a ziplock bag.
- Several small items (small toys or books) are best sold when grouped together in plastic bag and priced as a group.
- Attach tag to the item or bag by placing a piece of clear packing tape (NO Scotch Tape) over the tag and over zip lock bag to assure that item will not be able to be opened.
- Shoes should be fastened together with safety pins or zip ties, placed in plastic bag if possible, and a tag should be taped to the inside of each shoe (price on both tags). See Video
- Car seats, Pack n Plays, High Chairs, Diaper Pails etc. must be clean and soil free.
Visit the Garments Items & Tags Examples page to see examples of correctly prepared garments, items, and tags.
Consignors selling items in NON Working, Expired or Missing pieces will not be allowed to Consign again.
Due to limited spots available: If you Register to consign or Volunteer and do not participate, therefore taking up a consignor/volunteer spot, you will loose your chance to consign/volunteer at future sales. (You must email if you are unable to participate/volunteer and you will not receive a refund for the $12 registration fee.
You must consign $100 worth of items to attend preview sale.
Consignors Preview Sale is at 4pm on Thursday. When you drop off your clothes on Wednesday you will receive 2 consignor tickets, so plan to invite a friend to come shopping with you. 1 person per consignor ticket allowed into the preview sale.
We are not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items.
|Drop off: No Appointment Needed – One day ONLY!|
Wednesday (one day prior to sale): 9am – 7pm.
It is the consignors responsibility to check your items carefully. . . consignors with excessive stains, holes, etc. will NOT be allowed to consign in future. (This is not the Drop off Checkers Responsibility).
At Drop off – You are required to place all your items on the racks in size order after the volunteers check for stains, spots, tags, and season appropriateness. It makes it easier if your items are already grouped by gender, size, and then by shirts, dresses, pants, and outfits. Make sure you have already tagged and placed your clothing on hangers before coming to drop off.
Shoes must be checked by the stain checkers before being put on the sales floor.
If you are picking up your unsold items, you must leave a plastic bin (NO lids) at Drop Off with your ID Code written on it. We will put your unsold items in your bin and have them ready for you to pick up on Saturday.
Unsold items may be picked up at the assigned time below! We will try to have your Check ready at your pick up time. If not, your check will be mailed to you within two weeks.
If you agree at DROP OFF to pick up your items and DO NOT SHOW, OR LEAVE BEHIND UNWANTED ITEMS you will be charged a $20 FEE which will be deducted from your check to dispose of your items. (This is due to the large amount of consignors who promise to pick up their items and fail to do so, leaving us with LOTS of items to deal with after donation trucks have already left.)
NEW!!!!Saturday Pick Up Times:
2:30-2:45 ID codes from A-F
2:45-3:00 ID codes from G-L
3:00-3:15 ID codes from M-S
3:15-3:30 ID codes from T-Z
Please come during the time you are assigned! Please do not come BEFORE your pick-up time.
Any unsold items not picked up by 3:30 p.m. WILL BE DONATED TO LOCAL CHARITIES.